C5 Administrative Coordinator
Status: 37.5 Hours per week
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the C5
The C5 is a formal collaborative partnership of 5 leading Edmonton agencies.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society
- Boyle Street Community Services
- Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre
- Terra Centre for Teen Parents
The C5 Hub addresses community members’ needs through:
an integrated collaborative response, using a ‘single door’ approach, with seamless transitions between the different programs and services offered at C5 locations in Northeast Edmonton and across the C5 partner agencies
- hosting and facilitating community-driven ad hoc programs
- fostering community connections and natural supports, thereby reducing social isolation.
The role of the Administrative Coordinator is fundamental within the C5 Hub team, coordinating administrative and operational functions to allow programs and services to flow smoothly. This role will ask you to be flexible and fluid, supporting a variety of administrative needs including but not limited to scheduling, records management, communications, research and evaluation, and events support. In this role, you will be part of a close-knit yet sometimes dispersed team and will at times function as a point of contact for C5 employees and volunteers. When interacting with the people we serve, you will extend a warm welcome and initiate positive interactions.
Schedule in-house and external meetings
- Engage with employees and clients, addressing inquiries via various channels
- Craft engaging presentations, insightful spreadsheets, and comprehensive reports
- Contribute to the evaluation, development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist in team development by supporting hiring, supervision, and giving feedback and insight for improvement
- Navigate task delegation of tasks and ensure that they are completed in accordance with existing policies and procedures
- Adeptly manage basic office duties: answering and routing phones, responding to emails, data entry, and reporting
- Foster seamless cross-departmental communications and connections
- Ensuring that the office resources are well-maintained, organized, and secure
- Safeguard the organization and organization of office resources
- Innovating through policy and process enhancements
- Assisting with special projects, such as process improvements and budget or fund development
- Create an inviting, warm, and welcoming atmosphere for clients and staff, supporting, guiding, and directing them to information, resources, and contacts
what it takes:
While all backgrounds will be considered, the most helpful history will include a high school diploma and three year of direct experience as an administrative professional with demonstrated excellence in client/customer service. A postsecondary certificate in Office Administration or Administrative Support is preferred. The Administrative Support must provide a Police Information Check within 30 days of the offer.
Attributes, characteristics, and competencies:
Experience with MS Office Suite or Office 365 (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint) and peripherals: printers, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Strong self-manager, efficiently allocating time and resources to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Consistently deliver accurate and timely work, demonstrating dependability and credibility in a dynamic environment
- Proficient English communicator both verbally and in writing, fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Exhibits discretion when handling sensitive information and maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach by anticipating needs and taking appropriate actions.
- Utilize available resources effectively to find solutions and gather information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident conflict navigator, prioritizing the needs of both internal and external stakeholders and maintaining composure in high-pressure and uncomfortable situations, ensuring safety and smooth workflow.
- Meticulous approach to administrative tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, and computers.
- Astutely analyzes situations, identifies issues and creativity develops proactive solutions.
EMCN prioritizes Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We engage staff, candidates, and partners to enhance experiences and foster inclusion. Our strategies encompass talent development, inclusive leadership, performance growth, and diverse talent attraction and retention. We purposefully seek individuals from diverse backgrounds, valuing intelligence, diligence, talent, and merit. Our belief in representation across the organization makes EMCN an exceptional, high-performing, and rewarding workplace.