Your safety is our priority and you will be able to provide care in a safe environment with appropriate PPE and measurements to maintain a safe environment. We are looking for passionate Care Aide to play integral roles in helping our community move forward.
Nurse Next Door’s purpose is Making Lives Better through Happier Aging. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another home care company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do.
You will obtain certification as a Peritoneal Dialysis Caregiver, Nurse Next Door will provide the in depth training.
- Meets safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Functions within the limits of the PD assist program and practices safely and competently within the job description
- Assist with cycler setup, dismantle, and programming
- Assist with daily weight assessments, daily blood pressure assessments
- Assist with adding Heparin to dialysate
- Electronic documentation of therapy numbers and visit notes
- Responds to Care Services Center (CSC) Team regarding scheduling inquiries and updates within the agreed upon timeline
- Engages in open communication with your Care Designer when opportunities to elevate your client’s experience and care are identified
Requirements and Experience:
- Must be legally able to work in Canada to apply for this position
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a must to travel locally to/from/between client’s homes.
- Servicing the Kelowna area
- Saturday and Sunday shifts, 8 hours
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely
- Able to freely lift 20 kilograms
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client’s care
- Registered Health Care Assistant and/or minimum five years homecare experience
- Background or Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, Nurse Next Door shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and clients will be a priority.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Available to work both Saturday and Sunday
- BC Driver's license and car (required)
Work Location: In person