!Part Time & Casual!
Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to providing services for adults living with disabilities. Trailblazer currently serves more than 120 people in supported employment, volunteering, work experience, and recreation activities all with the goal of community inclusion.
Direct Support Worker is responsible for the ongoing direct support for people accessing Trailblazers Life Choices Inc. Leisure Services. This includes relationship-building, getting to know the person, setting up goals, following up on and documenting peoples’ accomplishments, participating in meetings, being a liaison between caregivers and our agency, as well as ensuring peoples’ safety both within and outside of our facilities. Direct Support Worker is expected to work independently and collaboratively with other members of the team.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
- High Work Standards: work ethic, attention to detail, time management, task completion, consistency, follow up, coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behavior
- Personal Management/ Development Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback
- Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
Qualifications & Experience
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Optimally, one year experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Disability and Community Support Diploma preferred.
- A good understanding of the Vulnerable Persons Act.
- Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check,
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search)
- Satisfactory Drivers’ Abstract and License.
- First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested.
- Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
- A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle -Mandatory
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Support Care: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's License Class 5 Stage "F or i" (preferred)
- Child Abuse Registry Check (done within the last 3 months) (preferred)
- Adult Abuse Registry Check (done within the last 3 months) (preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (done within the last 3 months) (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person