Come be a part of Canada’s premier Science and Technology organization, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL), as the Historic Waste Program (HWP) Management Office in Port Hope, Ontario implements Canada’s largest low-level radioactive waste (LLRW) environmental remediation project, the Port Hope Area Initiative (PHAI).
We are looking for experienced Document Control Clerks. Can you see yourself providing corporate records management services to ensure CNL’s information assets are managed in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, processes and practice? Does the idea of ensuring records are retrievable in the future to support department requirements excite you? Do you want to responsible for record entry and validation and supports project delivery teams in receiving and handling Contractor submittals? Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? Would you like to make a difference for the Environment? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing!
- Performing daily record entry for all departments and teams as needed using Content Server and Windows Explorer. This includes the responsibility of quality control throughout the migration process on thousands of electronic records while also ensuring the validity of records through accurate data entry.
- Managing and maintaining electronic records as per CNL standards, processes and systems and ensures compliance by performing regular audits and assessments on inventories.
- Working collaboratively with record owners to ensure quality is maintained as per Information Management standards and issues resolved, while coaching record owners for continuous records improvement.
- Responding to project staff inquiries regarding record holdings and assists with retrieving records from CNL systems with timely and accurate responses.
Providing end-to-end general records management and document control services:
o Acting as the single point of contact for records management and document control on assigned projects.
o Ensuring project deliverables received for review and acceptance in Aveva/ or other system(s) follow HWP policies, procedures, standards, and best practices.
o Managing the workflow for review and acceptance of contractor submittals in the contract and risk management (CRM) platform and in ATOM Workflow.
o Following guidelines provided by project teams to validate quality of documents received from contractors.
o Developing and presenting weekly report/logs to project delivery team and manager on status and progress of tasks and submittals, communication, issues and risks.
o Ensuring all submittals, records received via the contract risk management system are coded and archived in the Content Server (Electronic Document and Records Management System - ATOM) in accordance with CNL standards, processes, policies, and guidelines.
o Participating in meetings with project teams as required.
o Escalating issues and risks for prompt actions to the project team or Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Education: Preference may be given to those applicants with a records and information management certificate from a recognized college, however, candidates with a minimum Grade 12 or equivalent in technical training and proven related experience will be considered.
- Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years of progressive relevant experience in a project team environment or four (4) to five (5) years without post-secondary education, and related training.
- Tools/systems knowledge: Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and Content Server or with other enterprise level information/records management systems.
- Knowledge of records and information management best practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Excels at staying focused on manual tasks with an ability to maintain efficiency.
- Must have excellent data entry skills and be highly accurate.
- Proven ability to work on repetitive tasks over long periods of time.
- Detail-oriented to identify discrepancies and errors in storing electronic documentation as well as any inconsistencies in metadata and records.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must be well organized and able to plan and perform tasks with minimal guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possess a professional attitude.
- Must be a team player and trustworthy for managing sensitive records.
- Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status - which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom. CNL implements security screening in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat “Standard on Security Screening” and the “Policy on Government Security”.
o Repetition in searching and data entry for long periods of time on a frequent basis.
o Sitting at the computer for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
o Fast paced environment may require long hours occasionally to meet deadlines.
o Visual concentration is required daily for reviewing and analyzing information and ensuring accuracy with records and reports.
Location - Remote:
CNL works with employees across Canada to enable a remote workforce where possible. Our Work from Home employees are provided with the equipment required to be successful: laptop, monitor, external keyboard and mouse etc. Of course, we always love a visit to site when possible!
CNL’s Historic Waste Program Management Office is in the beautiful and historic community of Port Hope, Ontario. Roughly 100kms East of Toronto, still close enough to the “Big City” without all the hassle of being in the “Big City”. As a leader in environmental remediation at nuclear and radiologically contaminated sites, CNL is implementing the Port Hope Area Initiative on behalf of Atomic Energy of Canada Limited. The cleanup of historic Low Level Radioactive Waste by CNL in the communities of Port Hope and Port Granby in Ontario is a demonstration of Canada’s commitment to the safe, long-term storage and management of nuclear waste.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- a pension!
Do Our Priorities Resonate with You?
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
- CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture that is built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please indicate via our ATS when applying. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
CNL respectfully acknowledges that the Historic Waste Program Management Office and the Port Hope Area Initiative projects are situated on the treaty lands of the Williams Treaties First Nations, specifically the treaty signed with the Mississauga First Nations of Alderville, Curve Lake, Hiawatha and Scugog Island.