Job Number: 47745
**This posting is for three (3) casual on-going positions**
The Edmonton Police Service, Operations and Intelligence Command Centre is seeking three (3) well-organized Communications Administrative Assistants. The responsibilities of these positions include:
- Compiling, completing, and processing Police C-1B Reports using CPIC, NICHE UA, and/or other sources of information.
- Searching CPIC and NICHE UA files for information on entities in reports.
- Answering, screening, and extending telephone calls into from internal and external sources.
- Direct incoming calls from both internal and external parties to various points within the Edmonton Police Service.
- Gathering and filing documents and other periodic collection of routine information from Communications Section sources.
- Overseeing all forms, reports and CPIC messages coming into Communications and ensuring they are distributed appropriately.
- Compiling reports for stolen vehicles, license plates, missing person, UAL’S, and eloped patients for CPIC entry.
- Broadcasting information to police officers on patrol and within Communications.
- Entering Calls for dispatch.
- Confirming, recording, and disseminating report statistics.
- Overseeing the use and maintenance of fax and printing equipment.
- Knowledge of the Edmonton Police Service website and directing callers to relevant web pages as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects related to word and information processing or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college, supplemented by training in basic microcomputer applications.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible and diversified office and information processing experience.
- Concise and broad knowledge of interdepartmental procedures with Stolen Autos and Missing Persons.
- Extensive experience in data entry and retrieval of information from databases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with CPIC, NICHE UA, and CAD.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions using independent judgment and to work efficiently under pressure.
- Experience in radio communications would be considered an asset.
- Available to work varied shifts, including day, afternoon, and night shifts on weekdays and weekends, peak holiday seasons and statutory holidays.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening, you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
Hours of Work:
Temporary part-time Communications Administrative Assistants are assigned shifts as needed. Shifts vary in length up to 12 hours and may be scheduled on evenings, nights, daytime, and/or weekends.
21B, Salary Grade: 013, $25.44 - $31.90 (Hourly), $2,035.80 - $2,552.70 (Bi-Weekly), $53,135.42 - $66,625.99 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS
Classification Title: Word/Data Processing Clerk III
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2023
Closing Date: Sept. 26, 2023 11:59:00 (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 3 - Casual Ongoing Part-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: Operational Command Division
Work Location(s): Southwest Division, 1351 Windermere Way SW Edmonton