= About Us =
RAM, Rope Access Maintenance Inc, is a premium Rope Access provider located within Toronto, Ontario and the GTA. RAM provides Construction, Maintenance, Training and Inspection services throughout Canada.
Over the years RAM has developed to become an innovative, dependable leader within the rope access community with a particular focus on quality training. We are committed to providing the best possible rope access training for our clientele using our expertise and professional approach.
RAM is highly focused on company cohesion and a friendly, secure work environment for all. We have a long operating history and we are looking forward to bringing onboard highly motivated individuals onto the team! Learn more at: RAMAccess.ca
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to head up our accounting department. The successful applicant would be reporting directly to the company directors as well as department heads, this role will manage all aspects of daily/weekly and monthly accounting & bookkeeping as well as providing financial leadership. This position will have direct contact of oversight by the company CPA.
= Why join our team? =
- Opportunity to work independently
- Work within a rapidly growth company
- New ideas and personal initiatives are supported and encouraged
- Well-established business with competitive compensation
- Work within a small high performing team environment.
- Problem solving opportunities to overcome and work through sticking points as a team.
= Duties & Responsibilities =
- Lead day to day accounting, month-end, and year-end close process, including:Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable;
- Complete month end journal entries;
- Prepare monthly accruals, balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly financial statements;
- Maintaining and auditing internal time tracking systems.
- Maintaining project tracking systems.
- Preparation of weekly employee hours for review.
- Preparation of weekly bankroll and issuing of employee pay stubs.
- Preparation of weekly accounts payable for vendors.
- Conducting bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations;
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts;
- Support collection of past due accounts receivable;
- Recording cash and cheque payments and making bank deposits;
- Maintain petty cash float;
- Prepare and file HST, WSIB, EHT, Payroll Source Deductions;
- Prepare and file Union dues for respective districts.
- Maintain and organize the filing system for records and documents;
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integration and monitoring of sales and income streams from online sales and store front.
- Administrative Assistant
- Acting as the first point of contact for general, human resources and payroll related enquiries inclusive of answering phone calls.
- Maintain stewardship of company benefits programs with regards to onboarding or offboarding of new or current employees.
- Maintaining employee profiles on internal systems including safety certificates and qualifications.
- Coordinate recruitment processes and conduct on-boarding of new employees with regards to company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining employee and vendor data basis.
- Booking of hotels for projects inclusive of direct communication and coordination with project managers and workers.
- Assist with the distribution of training materials and certification to students.
- Fostering cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Writing routine documents, correspondences, and generating reports.
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines.
- Coordinating the production and distribution of communication materials and maintaining information on digital platforms.
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items, including taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by management.
= Required Certifications & Qualifications =
- At least 5 years of experience in full-cycle bookkeeping;
- University degree or College diploma/certificate in Accounting;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Shopify is an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Attention to detail with an exceptional level of accuracy;
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements;
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills;
- A love not only for numbers but also for technology;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Experience in payroll is an asset,
- Experience with construction companies is an asset.
= Working Environment =
- Office Space
- Personal Office
- Free Parking
- All amenities including staff bathrooms and full kitchenette.
- Hours of work 8am to 4pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7L 6A4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (required)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person