Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
Northland Properties' Construction & Design Team is seeking a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager to support our expanding Hotel, Restaurant and Resorts brands.
What will you be responsible for?
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction and Design, the Construction Procurement & Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing a growing team of Construction Project & Procurement Coordinators and Buyers. This role involves planning, organizing, guiding, and controlling all strategic procurement activities within the Construction and Design Division for multiple new build and renovation projects, spanning various spending categories.
- As a member of the Design & Construction Leadership Team, collaborate with peers to mentor and develop junior team members.
- Oversee a $1.2 billion budget across targeted spending categories, leading strategic sourcing initiatives. This entails the analysis of direct procurement expenses, the formulation of sourcing strategies, and the anticipation of cost projections.
- Negotiate equitable and cost-effective supply contracts, considering factors like cost, terms, service, supply, and quality.
- Establish and maintain a system for monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets, and expenditures. Ensure that materials are delivered to project sites in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Maintain a tracking system for material specifications across all construction projects, manage on-site construction contracts, and align with construction and design leadership to meet project objectives.
- Develop procurement policies and procedures and contribute to equipment, product, or material requirements.
- Act as the primary liaison with suppliers and vendor groups, sourcing and qualifying new vendors.
- Implement and enforce a robust Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) process in procurement, overseeing cost and quality control, as well as the review and processing of invoices while maintaining vendor relationships. Additionally, innovate and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for critical product categories.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for procurement throughout the project lifecycle, including Construction Administration tasks like RFI's, ASI's, CCO's, and Shop drawing reviews.
- Evaluate project performance, communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders, and drive decisions based on cost, scenario analysis, and market trends.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise project coordinators, buyers, and procurement assistants, overseeing their training and development.
- Foster a culture of trust, support, and transparent information sharing within the Procurement group and with other Construction and Design teams.
- Manage Standard Agreements and Forms related to procurement.
- Execute additional projects as directed by Ownership and contribute to the company's culture and professional representation.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of relevant supply chain and strategic sourcing experience in construction and renovation.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in business, computer science, or engineering.
- Proficiency in sourcing, negotiation, market analysis, contract development, and leadership.
- Ability to build and lead cross-functional teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, mentorship, and growth.
- Familiarity with construction management systems and MS Office proficiency.
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic, multi-priority environment.
- Expertise in ground-up hotels and high-rise hotel/condo projects is a plus.
What do you get?
Competitive compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive family healthcare with dental, vision, and Group Life Insurance, and Family Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
- Yearly bonus opportunities.
- Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Employee discounts at Northland-owned hotels and resorts.
*** We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.
*** You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply, as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker for this role.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.