Position: Electrical Lead Hand
Patriot Electric is a local, certified electrical contractor, providing residential and commercial services to the Greater Victoria area.
Committed to delivering top-notch services, we prioritize reliability, efficiency, safety, and expertise. Our dedication to excellence drives us to continually refine our practices, adhere to compliance standards, and participate in industry-recognized learning opportunities, such as code upgrade classes provided by Technical Safety BC.
Company Core Values
Our development hinges on employee involvement and collaboration, fostering a culture of open dialogue to implement best practices.
To maintain a positive workplace, we prioritize treating colleagues and customers with respect, fairness, and sensitivity to individual needs
To remain competitive, we strive to encourage new ideas by maintaining an ongoing improvement process. We believe in human potential and in the constant improvement of our processes.
4. Occupational health and safety
As a responsible employer, we ensure that every member of the team is committed to promoting and creating a working environment that is safe under all circumstances. This approach is the best way to ensure ongoing improvement in workplace health and safety
Patriot Electric Ltd. is currently looking for a Lead Hand Electrician for new commercial projects in Victoria, BC. We are looking for a dynamic individual capable of leading a team and eager to advance their career.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, train, coach and mentor electricians.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Lead and oversee projects to maintain high-quality standards.
- Support staff in adhering to safe work procedures.
- Contribute to the execution of the business plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a certified/licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- Prior experience working as an Electrical Lead Hand or Foreman/Forewoman in a commercial setting.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required.
- Proven team building skills.
- Proficiency in pipe bending and wood framing skills.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data to make informed decisions.
- “Measure twice, cut once” attitude.
- Desire to foster a pleasant and positive workplace culture
- Ability to assist the Project Manager with reporting procedures
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Schedule: 8-hour shift (Monday – Friday)
- Starting from $42.00 per hour
Application deadline: September 29, 2023
Expected start date: October 2023
Out of province candidates are encouraged to apply.
Patriot Electric Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences to apply. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. In addition, we fully comply with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Journeyman Electrician: 3 years (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29