Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre is minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. With 405 guests rooms and suites, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre offers exceptional guest room accommodations, sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview, savory Cocktails and Tapas in our Great Room Lobby Bar, full-service Starbucks along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer and much more. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
We are currently seeking a Manager - Restaurant & Food and Beverage who is creative, results-driven and has a passion for enhancing the Guests dining experience through making meaningful personal connections in accordance to the outlets, hotel and Marriott standards. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Food and Beverage and will assist in providing leadership and direction to our Food and Beverage team in the following areas: Great Room Bar, Milestones Grill + Bar, Room Service, Concierge Lounge, Great Room Bar.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Lead/Manage the day the day Food and Beverage operations and ensuring that all Food and Beverage services, cleanliness and maintenance standards are followed by touring the areas frequently.
· Interview, hire, lead, motivate, coach and recommend appropriate corrective action to improve service results.
· Review daily staffing levels to ensure guest service, operational needs and financial goals are met.
- Monitor/evaluate the performance of the Food and Beverage team while interacting with guests and correct as needed to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and quality service.
- Ensure compliance with all Food and Beverage brand policies, standards and procedures by training and supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Participate in the budgeting process – develop, implement and manage the budget, forecast, inventory and operating cost - (i.e. labour costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment etc..) for the various Food and Beverage areas to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Assist with creating marketing campaigns/promotions to capture in house guests and a larger share of the local area.
- Remain current in the latest food and beverage trends and ensure our offerings are up-to-date in order to remain a leader in the industry.
- Uphold staff appearance and groom policies.
- Conduct pre-shifts meeting to inform Associates of daily hotel activities.
- Overseeing the ordering of food and supplies.
- Serving as a role model to the team by demonstrating appropriate Marriott service behaviours.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Must at least have 5 years of working experience in a Managerial capacity in Food and Beverage with a notable Restaurant or world renowned Hotel Brand. University/College degree in related discipline an asset.
- Knowledgeable in food and beverage service and cost controls, labour, productivity, food and other expenses.
- Capacity to establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Proven leadership ability in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written when dealing with guests and employees both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, co-operatively within a team setting and as well as the ability to plan and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Must be computer literate – i.e. working knowledge of micros and Microsoft applications.
- Must have a current Food Handler certification.
- Must be will to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, holidays, and as necessary to meet guest needs.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person