Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
A medical imagining technologist (ultrasonographer) is a highly skilled professional who uses specialized equipment to create images of inside human anatomy to be visualized.
Under the supervision of Dr. Lucy Gilbert at the RI-MUHC, the research medical imaging technologist is responsible for supporting the successful conduct of clinical research studies at the Women’s Health Research Unit. This position requires the multidisciplinary skills of someone who is a licensed medical sonographer and is capable of conducting research in a clinical setting.
- Preparing the patient.s for the ultrasound examination,
- Selecting the appropriate equipment for the ultrasound examination,
- Performing ultrasound examinations that yield important diagnostic information,
- Recording and gathering ultrasound data,
- Analyzing the data collected and reporting the ultrasound findings to the physician in an oral and written fashion for diagnosis,
- Using independent judgment whether to extend the scope of the ultrasound examination or not, based on the ultrasound findings. Interacting and collaborating with physicians and other health care professionals for providing a good quality care of the patient.
In addition to the main job duty of testing, the routine job duties are to:
- Maintain daily logs of patients seen and perform routine maintenance of machines,
- Perform, on a daily basis, safety and sanitary procedures on the equipment after each test, and maintain adequate supplies ,
- Consult with physicians and supervisors on a daily basis.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Preferably International MD’s, gynecologists ,
- Registered with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and be a member of Ordre des technologies en imagerie, en radio-oncologie et en électrophysiologie médicale du Québec.
Status: Temporary, full time
Pay Scale: $42,260.40 - $78,460.20, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Work Shift: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Work Site: Glen site and satellite clinics
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]