BGC Brantford helps young people to discover, develop and achieve their best potential by engaging them in activities that challenge and guide them to develop healthy minds and bodies. Our programs promote positive outcomes in education, active living, nutrition and mental health.
POSITION: Child Care Supply
The position, in the absence of the regular leader is responsible to implement and execute activities for either Toddlers or Preschool, Kinder or School-Age children, based on an existing program plan and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
Secondary School Graduate and/or Post-Secondary Graduate in similar or related field an asset
Current First Aid/CPR
1-2 years previous experience working within a licensed child care environment or similar
- Deliver the program within the guidelines of the program’s Operating Best Practices
- Provide an environment and program supplies that are safe and free for any hazards to children
- Adhere to best practices for maintaining health records and administering medication
- With the support of the ‘designated lead’ implement existing program outline
- Observe and asses children’s progress and behaviour to ensure programs meet identified individual and group needs
- Attend to toileting, diapering needs of children as required, including toilet training
- Be continuously aware of children’s allergies and other special nutritional and/or health conditions
- Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary
- Interact with children and families in a pleasant, positive and professional manner
- Accommodate parent’s instructions for daily care routines
- The position has no financial responsibilities
- There are high physical demands associated with this position such as lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, sitting, twisting, reaching, etc..
- Position works in an air conditioned environment, however is also required to provide several hours of outdoor programming during all seasons (spring, summer, fall and winter)
- Due to the number of children serviced the working environment can be extremely loud during peak hours of operation.
- The environment can be fast paced and demanding – position is required to be extremely resourceful, ‘think quick on their feet’, manage multiply tasks and issues, able to prioritize and resolve issues effectively, thoroughly and effectively.
- Position is responsible for the direct supervision of children
- This position is not responsible for the direct supervision/evaluation of any Club leader(s), students or volunteers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-40 per week
Salary: $21.82 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person