Houston Landscapes is looking for amazing people. Specifically an amazing and experienced leader for our Landscape Construction/Install team.
Our goal is to be the best Landscape company in BC and that's only possible because we have such an amazing team. We are consistently blown away with our team's talent, work ethic and solutions focused attitude. We pride ourselves on developing great leaders and providing opportunities for our people to grow, to do this we're always looking to add the right like-minded people to our team who deliver incredible landscapes and client experiences.
Our 2022 engagement survey of our team had Houston Landscapes scoring an average above 90% when we asked our team the following:
- At work do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
- Do you have the materials and equipment to do your work right?
- Does your manager care about you as a person?
- In the past 10 days have you received recognition or praise for doing good work?
What we know is that to be the best, it takes great leadership and a solid effort from the entire team!
Our ideal candidate is a professional. Someone who gets excited about bringing their best every day, who understands that being on-time and ready to deliver a consistent, high-quality effort is the expectation, not the exception.
We're looking for people who aren't satisfied with "good enough". Who understand that to be great, everyone has to bring a great effort, and that to get where we want to go we don't have room for "passengers".
The right candidate brings all of the above and has proven experience managing projects and people, with the following skills:
- Excellent leadership and communication
- Hardscape install - Block walls / pavers and natural stone on aggregate and pucks & pedestals
- Softscape install / Horticulture
- Carpentry / concrete work
- Masonry (Romex or Permeable hardscape product experience is a bonus!)
- Mini Excavator / Skidsteer / Forklift / Aerial Platform
- Reading blueprints / plans / details
Our Non-Negotiables for leaders are:
- Open to feedback and focused on personal and professional growth
- Dedicated to safe work standards and required safety documentation
- Driven towards top performance
- Committed to contributing to the best work culture possible every day
All candidates for this position have a valid Driver's license and are prepared to reliably work regular hours on job sites from Horseshoe Bay to Deep Cove, UBC to Burnaby and occasionally other adjacent areas as projects require.
- Comprehensive onboarding & training
- Company Vehicle and tools (Foreman Position)
- Mobile Phone Allowance (Foreman or Assistant Foreman position)
- Company Profit Share program
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Professional Development and training
- Support of ITA hours submittal for Red Seal Programs
- Payment or reimbursement for approved training & education
and best of all, a group of incredibly talented and passionate people who make our work a pleasure to perform.