Sturgeon Public School Division is currently seeking a qualified full-time Student Information Systems Support, for a work assignment at our Morinville Central Office.
Reporting to the Student Information Systems Coordinator, the Student Information Systems Support will be responsible for supporting School Staff and Central Office staff on the Student Information System applications and systems. The Student Information Systems Support applies system-thinking, business acumen and experience within the Public Education sector to ensure a secure, reliable, robust digital environment.
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 7.0 hrs/day; Monday to Friday; Full-Time Temporary
The Student Information Support Specialist must carry out professional responsibilities and provide services in accordance with the Sturgeon School Division’s policies, ensuring that these activities are within the limits of their knowledge, experience and skill. They will thrive in a collaborative team environment as well as independently on projects assigned.
Duties of this role include but are not limited to:
· Basic, first line support for school office staff
· SIS development including installing plugins and report implementation as requested by SIS Coordinator
· SIS core and state/province updates including scheduling, recommendations, troubleshooting and monitoring
· Assist SIS Team with projects as assigned and provide support with Quality Assurance
· Ability to analyze the systems in use, ensure efficiency and integrate within Power School SIS
Knowledge of the following additional applications considered an asset:
· Experience or training in scripting and/or automation
Qualifications & Experience:
· Post-secondary education in a related discipline
· Knowledge and strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge and experience with PowerSchool SIS is an asset
· Program integration and database experience is an asset
Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education requirements may be considered.
The Sturgeon Public School Division offers a competitive salary range of $4,066 - $4,954 monthly as well as a comprehensive benefits package as per the General Employment Conditions. Hours of work are 35 hours per week.
ABOUT STURGEON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Sturgeon Public Schools prides itself on doing things a little differently. Our schools are special places, where an open and collaborative relationship with parents and the rural community enhances the quality of our education and sees our students thrive. We support the entire individual, providing diverse specialty programming that inspires and develops each student, while maintaining caring schools that make our youth feel safe, secure, and accepted.
With a strong focus on literacy and a willingness to embrace technology to support learning – our unique approach to education equips students with the right skills, knowledge and characteristics to succeed in the 21st century.
Please note that all new employees to Sturgeon Public Schools are required to provide a recent (6 months current) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector included prior to the commencement of employment (from your local RCMP station).
_All completed applications received by the deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted._
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: $4,066.00-$4,954.00 per month
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-10-02