W&J Construction Ltd. is a leader in Residential and Multifamily Construction across Western Canada and has over 30 years of experience in land development and new construction with its roots originating in Victoria, B.C. W&J has started a large expansion throughout the southern island and mid island and is looking for skilled professionals to join its team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas.
- Put up and take down shoring and barricades at construction sites.
- Assist with excavations, backfill and compaction activities.
- Assist in building of lock block retaining walls
- Assist pipelayers with installation of utilities.
- Set up and operate lasers and levels.
- Assist heavy equipment operators secure attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment, and provide assistance in other activities.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Help demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and other equipment.
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction, such as mixers, compressors, and pumps.
- Adhere to applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations and company policies.
- Perform other activities at constructions sites as directed.
We offer competitive pay rates, annual pay rate increases, extended health benefits, and a great team to be a part of.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- construction: 1 year (preferred)