Nurse Next Door is seeking knowledgeable and Certified Health Care Aides and Personal Support Workers with experience in caregiving for day and evening shifts.
Nurse Next Door is proud to offer the highest of premium quality home care services. With Companions, Health Care Aides and Nurses the levels of care are endless. We provide services such as transportation, housekeeping, meal preparation, personal care, companionship, nursing care and more! We strive to create the Perfect Match between the client and the caregiver, ensuring everyone has the best experience possible.
Our purpose is helping seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, and our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. By working at Nurse Next Door, you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again. You will be making a true difference in the lives of seniors in our communities by providing meaningful care.
Hear From Our Caregivers!
- "Nurse Next Door has been my absolute favorite place to work. Everyone is so welcoming, kind supportive, it is like working with a giant family."
- "NND is committed to providing individualized, quality care to all their clients as well as providing a positive work environment for staff."
- "Everyone is friendly. You get paired up with clients that can use the type of care you can provide. Flexible with scheduling."
- $20 - $22 per hour based on qualifications.
- Nurse Next Door is extremely flexible with availability.
- We are looking for Health Care Aides who can work a minimum of 6 hours a week.
- Some travelling required.
- Assists clients with ADLs: personal care, medications reminders, light housekeeping, transportation, etc.
- Meets safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately.
- Provides premium care approach to clients and their family members.
- Reviews the care plan prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested.
- Engages in open communication with your Care Designer when opportunities to elevate your client’s experience and care are identified.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate from an approved Health Care Aide education program is required.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to identify and report client care concerns when needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel to and from clients' home within the city of Winnipeg.
Please note that employment within NND is contingent on the receipt of satisfactory background checks, including Criminal Record Check (CRC), Adult Abuse Registry Check (AARC), as well as employment reference checks and a negative TB Mantoux Test. As a condition of employment all employees of NND must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
As a condition of employment all employees of NND must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire.
- Driving Licence (required)
- Health Care Aide Certification (required)
Work Location: In person