Job Title: Director, Merchandiser
This position leads the merchandising team in achieving Company objectives thru the management of regional site inventory levels, customer service levels and inventory and SKU optimization. Specifically, this role is accountable for the overall performance and management of end customer order fulfillment, inventory management with intent to maintain the lowest possible Days of Supply/Sales on Hand (DSO), and merchandising activities that enhance profitability (realized equity and earned income overall gross margin). This role also supports sales growth, logistics, aids in achieving warehouse operational efficiencies as it relates to inbound product, as well as managing the regional site product assortment to meet sales demands. It executes and supports Corporate category growth initiatives and is responsible for directing, managing and developing the team by providing them with growth opportunities.
- Create and manage the plan for sales support within the local merchandising organization.
- Accountable for realized equity, earned income and product mix for the Region including item equity management.
- Lead the rollout of corporate and Market Merchandising initiatives at the local company.
- Responsible for Pricing integrity and accuracy
- Provide necessary local feedback to the market and corporate teams for action or alignment.
- Build and manage Regional merchandising team.
- Manage Regional inventory level metrics and service goal and maximize operational efficiencies.
- Direct local merchandising and supplier resources
- Drive Regional results based on Site needs and support corporate initiatives.
- Negotiate and manage local level programs.
- Director, Merchandising
- Our Purpose: Connecting the world to share food and care for one another Our Mission: Delivering success for our customers through industry-leading people, products and solutions Our Identity: Together we define our future of foodservice and supply chain
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
- Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco colleagues enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Voluntary Optional Insurance • Parental Leave Plan • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP & TFSA • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Maple Virtual Care • Unlimited on-line learning • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Colleague Resource Groups
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
- Grow Regional gross margin and earned income while achieving sales and operational efficiency targets.
- Support sales meetings to support sales and Gross Profit $ growth.
- Drive and support corporate and market category commitments through all local functions at the Region to achieve/exceed Annual Operating Plan
- Manage the Regional Product Assortment portfolio to meet sales, operations and financial goals.
- Manage the plan for sales support within the local merchandising organization.
- Focusing on increasing financial metrics associated with Earned Income.
- Provide leadership across Region/Site’s related to the realization of earned income growth and Vendor compliance.
- Support sales associates with vendor POS, promotions, and presentations
- Monitor ongoing activities in marketplace, ensuring compliance to events & Vendors, communication of market activities that may affect Region/Site’s & customers.
- Develop aligned strategy for specialty companies on Product Assortment offerings to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Complies with Sysco’s Food Safety Policy and procedures to ensure food safety, quality and legality requirements are met.
- Understands both the economic and cultural value that a safe organization with minimal environmental impact brings to an organization.
- Is willing to drive Environmental, Health and Safety performance by providing necessary resources and holding their team accountable to complying with EHS programs, policies, and requirements.
- Enable, champion and embrace an inclusive culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7 – 10 years progressive leadership experience, preferably within foodservice, retail pharmaceutical/food, or CPGExperience in planning marketing strategies
- Experience managing a large multi-site business
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma in a related or relevant field, master’s degree preferred
- Formal certification in procurement preferred
- Ability to build high performing teams.
- Ability to manage conflict and reach quick solutions with facts and dialogue.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and communicate effectively
- Adapts to change and is seen as a change champion.
- Exposure to procurement software, data analyzing tools, demand planning and inventory management systems.
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with access to a vehicle is required (travel up to 30%).
We offer competitive pay and opportunities for career growth within our company. If you are a creative individual with a passion for merchandising, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $125,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON L4K 0E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Merchandising: 7 years (required)
- foodservice: 7 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25
Expected start date: 2023-10-02