De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
The primary purpose of the Office Administrator to provide administrative support to the organization at De Havilland Aircraft of Canada. We are looking for a high energy individual with exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communication ability (both verbal and written) and a willingness to be adaptable to a changing environment. You have good initiative and are able to use appropriate judgement in your work, understanding how to prioritize work and adapt when requirements change, or deadlines move.
You are a team player wanting to join a group of passionate aviation enthusiasts. Our organization produces and supports a fleet of aircraft with purpose in the world and we look for employees who want to join this effort. You are someone who is willing to be flexible when the work requires you to support the team and in return, we commit to ensuring you learn about the business and have opportunities to develop your skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage daily requirements at reception (receiving external vendors, couriers, signing in visitors, mailing, answering phones, creating ID badges, etc.)
- Ensure stationary and other required supplies are checked, ordered, and approved on a regular cadence
- Maintain action logs which track progress against deadlines for the team. Provide follow up notification and reminders where necessary
- Support the development of status reports, presentations, and other documentation
- Support teams with follow up and/or corrective actions related to operational departments
- Organize and perform general administrative duties
- Maintain current safety documentation to ensure alignment with document control requirements
- Coordinate and manage meetings, conferences, and other organizational engagements
- Maintaining boardroom(s), ensuring they are organized, supplied and presentable for customers or other visitors
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes
- Provide support for requests to host meetings, training sessions, events, or tours.
- Perform other administrative or office duties, or projects as required or as assigned.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or another related field is preferred
- A certificate in Health and Safety or Human Resources is an asset
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in an (office) assistant role
- Experience with international travel and/or event planning considered and asset
- Experience in preparing documents, reports, and spreadsheets
- Advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Accurate and strong data entry and data analysis skills
- Proven track record in managing multiple priorities, multitasking, and meeting deadlines in a busy environment where priorities may change quickly
- Strong ethics and the ability to provide a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to work with minimal supervision/independently and collaboratively
- Problem solver
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when required
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.