Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With over 1400 employees and 110 offices, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, structural engineering, MEP services, pavement engineering, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, and solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
Join Rimkus and unlock your potential with endless opportunities for growth, learning, and making a difference!
The Roofing Project Manager will apply their technical knowledge to evaluate existing buildings and design solutions for our client's complex and unique problems. Projects will include a mix of residential, multi-family, and commercial projects, with an emphasis on repair of damage from fire, wind, flood, and impacts, as well as adaptive reuse of older buildings and enhancements to existing facilities to accommodate changes in use and implementation of equipment and machinery and written are essential.
Benefits provided through the company include Life Insurance, Extended Health Care (Medical, Dental and Vision Care), as well as some other great perks such as: RRSP/DPSP Programs, paid days off, company events, and also a gym membership to GoodLife Fitness. Our company welcomes upskilling and celebrates continuous education in various professional fields. We look forward to meeting with you!
Essential Job Functions
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing roof condition assessments.
- Preparing assessment reports.
- Estimating roofing project costs.
- Assisting with design investigation work.
- Assisting with roof inspections as needed.
- Managing roofing replacement projects.
- Assisting with roofing design.
- Assisting with preparing proposals.
- Coordinate and conduct pre-bid, pre-start, progress, and final project site meetings.
- Coordinate the resolution of any problems identified in the field, including clarifying details; preparing new details for unique conditions; coordinating the drafting of further details, if required; coordinating design meetings if required to clarify design issues; issuing addenda, field orders, contemplated change orders, and change orders.
- Prepare leak investigation reports.
- Prepare condition assessments and analysis reports.
- Participate in design review meetings for roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope.
- Coordinate with manufacturers to resolve material performance and warranty issues.
- Collect field data, including measuring, drawing, core-cuts, identifying deficiencies, photography, clean-up, etc.
- Conduct water leakage testing in order to determine cause and effect and prepare the report.
- Responsible for the retrieval of information and preparation of roofing analysis reports.
- Assist with building envelope field investigation work.
- Assist with the compilation of both field and report data in order to prepare specification documents
- Review drawings and specifications prepared by others to verify that the scope of work is sufficient and to ensure that all required details, materials, methods, etc., are correctly specified
- Perform Quality Observations of work in progress to ensure compliance with tender documents and applicable codes and standards
Required Education and Certifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an applicable or related field
- Obtain (of not already accredited) and maintain RRO designation
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of various roofing systems and construction.
- General comprehension of business dynamics in the construction/roofing marketplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication.
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Conducts all activities with the highest degree of professionalism while demonstrating business integrity, creativity, and team orientation.
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- roofing consulting: 3 years (preferred)
- RRO designation (preferred)
Work Location: In person