Starlight Investments, in conjunction with WP Osborne Executive Search, is looking to fill a Senior Project Manager role for their Capex, Canadian Multi-Family division.
Senior Project Manager, Renovations
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects for multi-residential properties in the Greater Vancouver & Victoria Areas through collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including partners, tenants, property management, architects, consultants, contractors, governmental authorities, etc. The Senior Project Manager will manage the budget, schedule, procurement, quality and risk of assigned projects and also oversee all facets of project management including, planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Define project requirements including, scope of work, delivery requirements, cost budgets, work schedule, milestones, priorities, quality control, risks and limitations with the Asset Management group and Stakeholders;
- Identify project risks, feasibility reviews, propose and implement risk mitigation and contingency plans;
- Ensure compliance with processes and conducts for project qualification;
- Ensure and review engineering and design resources/deliverables are available and capable of meeting objectives and requirements;
- Complete pre-construction walk-throughs with contractors;
- Complete tendering process and analysis to provide recommendation to management including sourcing, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Oversee and lead project delivery providing project guidance and direction in order to achieve project goals, milestones, schedule and budget;
- Ensure compliance with company governance, procedures, policies, and practices;
- Implement and issue required change requests and recommendations while securing required approvals;
- Maintain and facilitate routine communications, meetings and written reports/minutes to ensure project stakeholders are well informed and project goal is achieved.
- Collect all project related documents, ensure their accuracy and provide direction to project coordinator for internal project system input;
- Update project status, provide progress photos and create weekly and monthly reports;
- Review and approve invoices;
- Recommend, write, read, understand and apply, as needed, documents affecting projects, including but not limited to, agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets and timelines;
- Reforecast budgets and timelines as required;
- Create action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule;
- Perform regular documented reviews, maintain weekly progress reports including issues/resolutions/variance updates;
- Continuously improve cost reduction initiatives;
- Conduct deficiency/sign-off meetings and creates a detailed deficiency report for the contractor to resolve.
The successful candidate will possess a university degree, college diploma, and/or PMP designation with a minimum of 5 years of project or construction management experience working with commercial or residential real estate projects; understanding and experience in EPCM project style and implementation; knowledge of building systems and ability to read and understand architectural and building construction drawings; knowledge of MS project, leases, contracts and construction practices, as well as well-developed analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically to resolve issues.
Frequent travel to various sites across Greater Vancouver and occasional travel to Victoria is a requirement of the position so a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume via Indeed. We thank you for your interest in this role, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Starlight Investments is a leading global real estate investment and asset management firm. A privately held owner, developer and asset manager of over 77,000 multi-residential suites and over 9 million square feet of commercial property space, we offer a range of investment vehicles across various real estate strategies. Starlight’s guiding mission is to balance our tenure with visionary curiosity to create positive impact for investors and communities alike. At Starlight, we invest with impact. Learn more at www.starlightinvest.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.
WP Osborne Executive Search
WP Osborne is a privately-owned search firm delivering full-service recruitment expertise for over 20 years to a broad range of clients in the real estate industry. Our expertise extends across every major asset class including multi-residential, office, industrial, retail, mixed-use, condo, hotels, and senior living across the functions of asset management, investments, development, construction, leasing, property management, portfolio management, finance, marketing, IT, HR and strategy.
Reference #1322 – Senior Project Manager, Renovations
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project or Construction management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person