POSTING: BCNU 012B23
STATUS: Regular Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: (21001) Registered Nurse
EFFECTIVE DATE: To be determined
HOURS: Days; Evening; Nights; 06:30-18:30/18:30-06:30
SALARY: $36.23– $47.58 Per Hour
The general duty registered nurse provides nursing care in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia Standards and with the assistance of other care providers and in collaboration with other health care professionals. The general duty registered nurse functions as a primary care giver and may provide work direction to assigned staff. Provides leadership and functions as a role model and coach to assist co-workers with professional development and achievement of unit goals. Contributes to the monitoring and development of the vision and philosophy and operating plan for The Views.
Education and Training and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized School of Nursing
- Current, practicing registration with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Gerontology Certificate from an accredited program or demonstrated equivalency.
- One year full time experience that correlates to the gerontological services provided by The Views at St. Joseph's.
- Current CPR, Level 1
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to provide nursing care to patients, families and/or groups in a professional manner, consistent with nursing and administrative policies, standards, procedures and regulations in the following areas:
- Physical assessment as part of the nursing assessment of older clients.
- Functional assessment as part of the nursing assessment of older clients.
- Knowledge of competency and guardianship legislation.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to monitor and guide the care provided by Resident Care Aides in a team environment.
- Teaching health and aging.
- Knowledge of principals of palliative care.
- Knowledge of depression, dementia and delirium.
- Current pain management theories.
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, community resources and with family members.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
This posting will remain open until successfully filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.23-$47.58 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Are you fully Covid-19 vaccinated?
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-29