Our organization is in need of a highly skilled, hardworking and detail-oriented Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team. Journeyman Certification preferred, not mandatory. The ideal candidate would be experienced working with heavy equipment such as rock trucks, dozers, hoes and excavators, be proficient in welding, have excellent communication and time management skills and will work well with others. This challenging position requires the ability to solve problems under pressure, manage multiple tasks and prioritize seamlessly. This opportunity is for the talented mechanic who has a passion for learning new skills and is interested in working in a professional environment. Wage to be discussed and will be based on certification and experience. This position is based in Turin, Alberta and candidates must be willing and able to commute or relocate before the start date of the position. Valid drivers license required.
- Repair and maintenance of a fleet of various heavy equipment.
- Be able to wear appropriate PPE for the task.
- Be able to work with a variety of tools related to the field including welder.
- Be able to work under time constraints.
- Supervision and training of other employees.
- Work in high heat environments; Maintain quality standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Turin, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person