The Class 3 Septic Truck Driver is responsible for performing septic and vacuum services to clients operating heavy-duty septic and vacuum truck, as well as complying with all safety regulations and procedures. The position is permanent, full-time.
· Operating a septic vacuum truck service vehicle following your scheduled service route assignments and ensuring the highest quality of service to clients
· Comply with all safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in the company and client's sites and report immediately any incidents or accidents
· Performing Pre- and Post-trip vehicle inspections. Maintain all pieces of equipment by routinely inspecting, conducting minor repairs, and notifying mechanic and manager of major repairs.
· Maintain good housekeeping of the assigned truck and always maintain a personal appearance with regard to clothing and grooming.
· Physically demanding duties involving significant lifting and pulling in all weather conditions.
· Lift septic tank lids, hoses, and others to provide services such as collecting wastes from various clients' sites residences.
· Communicate with dispatch and manager throughout the day and make sound decisions on prioritizing tasks. Use clear, effective, and cordial communication with clients, co-workers, and management.
· Complete daily tasks most productively and efficiently with minimal supervision
· Provide any assistance to the team when asked
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Class 3 drivers license with Air Brakes endorsement
· Previous experience as a truck driver. Septic/vacuum truck driver experience an asset
· Good knowledge of the city routes and able to use a tracking system and tablets
· Provide driver's abstract and criminal check. Drug testing may be required.
· Must be available and willing to work on-call
· Able to understand, speak, read, write and communicate in English and follow instructions.
· Ability to work walking, using hands, bending, and up to 60 lbs lifting required
· Own transportation as there is no bus service to our site
· Excellent customer service, time management, and teamwork skills
· Integrity and Sense of urgency
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Headingley, MB R4H 0A8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving: 1 year (required)
- Class 3 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person