We invite you to join our team here at Pumpernickel's. We are an ever-growing establishment that has been offering our customers healthy & creative food options, made with the freshest of ingredients daily for the past 30 years.
We are looking for employees that will match our efforts, excel in customer satisfaction, and share our passion to support us in our journey and mission in providing exceptional service.
By recognizing every team member’s contributions and efforts, we are able to build & grow into a successful brand. Happy team members are the best team members and we strongly encourage a work-life balance. If you are looking for a casual, fun, motivating, fast-paced work environment – this is the position for you! The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by Supervisor to plan duties
- Receive, organize, Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, breakfast (Eggs) etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Personable, motivated and deadline oriented
- Good knife skills
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Ability to remain on your feet for several hours at a time, be able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds, ability to withstand higher temperatures, bend, kneel, and stoop. *
- Multi-tasking, organization skills, and ability to follow recipes to assist in creating our amazing dishes.
- Culinary education is a plus.
- Must have a valid Canadian work permit
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50-$20.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person