Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? If you answered yes, then this maybe the job for you!
Our Whiteshell Laboratories (WL) site located near Pinawa, Manitoba is looking to hire two (2) Facility Authority managers. This role would have you accountable for the overall management, safe operation and use and maintenance of the Class 1B nuclear facilities at Whiteshell Laboratories Restoration Project (WLRP). The FA has been formally delegated, through the CNL Whiteshell Laboratories (WL) site license, the authority and responsibilities for all CNL facilities and is also required to fulfill the role of Designated Representative of the Site Licence Holder (SLH), where they are empowered to make binding commitments on behalf of CNL to the CNSC and other regulatory bodies.
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) employees perform all duties in accordance with established health and safety and regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifying management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring that all facilities are operated and maintained in a safe and compliant manner. These responsibilities are met through the establishment of safe working practices, personal development and oversight.
- Adherence to the requirements of all licences, permits, regulations, and any applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Implementing a Conduct of Operations program that complies with CNL’s management system, and ensuring the facilities are operated in compliance with the program.
- Official contact with regulatory authorities, including the reporting and investigation of unplanned events, periodic inspections, etc.
- Resource Management including resource planning, recruitment, and the appointment and authorization of Facility Managers.
- Development and implementation of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) program.
- Financial performance against the business objectives.
- Develop annual small projects justifications, costing, tracking, scheduling, and implementation of projects.
- Acting as Incident Authority or appointing an Incident Authority for emergencies originating in or affecting the facilities.
What we are looking for -
Must have strong leadership and management capabilities as demonstrated by the following attributes:
- Commitment to CNL vision and operating philosophies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in order to effectively communicate with facility staff, and interface with external groups including the CNSC and customers.
- Ability to function as a team leader.
- High personal standards of performance and commitment to the safe operation of the facilities.
In addition, the incumbent must have the following expertise:
- Established leadership and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to delegate effectively, conflict resolution, and constructive negotiation.
- Substantiated ability to lead in a team environment, maintain a clear focus on team goals, and establish good rapport with groups and individuals of many diverse professions is required.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and have a sound working knowledge of mechanical systems, process systems and basic instrumentation.
- Proven knowledge in the operations of a nuclear facility.
- Working knowledge of the hazards associated with handling radioactive materials. Demonstrated knowledge of ALARA principles including hazardous work assessments and radiological work planning within a nuclear operating environment.
- Verified experience in managing successfully completed projects.
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Established ability to perform a variety of duties, changing tasks without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Security clearance eligibility required: Level 2 Secret which has a minimum requirement of 7 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom. CNL implements security screening in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat “Standard on Security Screening” and the “Policy on Government Security. ”
Must be capable of completing the training and certification process to become a Facility Authority and be willing to accept the responsibilities of the Facility Authority once completed. The requirements include the following:
- Hold a university degree in science or engineering, or equivalent combination of education, knowledge and experience in management of operational facilities within a regulated environment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the operation or maintenance of nuclear facilities, which includes supervisory experience. This should include experience with the application of CAN/CSA N286 requirements, and the application of radiation protection principles.
- Hold or be able to obtain a Level 2 Secret security clearance.
Why CNL Whiteshell?
- Compressed work week! You get to work hard and enjoy more time with your family and friends. Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
- We offer a complete total rewards package:
o paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
o benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
o tuition support
o and a pension!
CNL Whiteshell is located in the beautiful and historic municipality of Pinawa, Manitoba, roughly an hour by car from Winnipeg, MB. Pinawa is an excellent choice for people looking for peace and tranquility and those who love the outdoors.
CNL is Canada's premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission.
CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture that is built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please indicate via our ATS when applying. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
CNL respectfully recognizes and acknowledges that the Whiteshell Site is located within the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations, including those within Treaty 1, 3, and 5, and the homeland of the Red River Métis. CNL is thankful to have the opportunity to work on these traditionally and culturally significant lands and waterways.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $134,100.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Pinawa, MB for this job?
Work Location: In person