Wildstone is a growing, family owned and operated construction company with a diverse portfolio of projects in western and northern Canada. We’re committed to creating a collaborative, team-oriented work culture and positively impacting the communities we serve. We believe in ensuring a great work/life balance for our people and offer some outstanding benefits, including flexible work schedules, group benefits and unlimited time off.
With continued growth of the company, we’re excited to offer an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to step in and lead some exciting new projects. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Manager assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations by influencing, developing, and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. The successful candidate will have experience working on site as a PM or PC on commercial and/or industrial construction projects.
There is an opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate.
- Manage all project financials and billing, including maintaining and tracking billing reports and projections within financial targets and constraints; capitalizing on change orders.
- Ensure site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement a quality management system (QMS) and implement project file and documentation per QMS.
- Lead the project team, both in terms of day-to-day people management as well as in establishing the project’s goals to ensure budget and timeline are met. Provide clear direction to team members and distribute workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths. Mentor Project Coordinators.
- Attend project meetings with core stakeholders and document project progress.
- Demonstrate Wildstone core values by interacting effectively with other parts of the company; establishing a culture of accountability in managing the projects; and winning trust within the company community.
- Minimum 3 year's experience as a PM in commercial, residential, and light-industrial construction projects
- Experience working on site as a PM, PC or Project Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracts and negotiations
- Experience with cost reports, estimating, planning, scheduling, and procurement
- EIT or P.Eng. in civil engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Results-oriented, critical thinker with a team player attitude
- Proven track-record managing multiple projects
- Proficient with construction industry software; experience with Procore an asset
- PMP designation an asset
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries.
Some of the benefits you'll enjoy:
Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Group Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off