We are passionate about collaboration. Our company believes in collaborative construction, which means that we are a united front that welcomes all employees with open arms and do a good job, have a little fun, and make a little money. We incorporate this into every part of every project and business. Whether you are new to the construction industry or experienced, Unitech believes in investing in our people.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Delta, BC
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
As an experienced Project Manager you hold a position within the company and be responsible for ALL aspects of your construction projects. Your resourcefulness, intelligence, confidence, and dedication will help ensure our construction projects are delivered in accordance with our client's goals and priorities. You will be committed to building mutually respectful relationships based on trust through clarity and integrity of our systems, procedures, and project reporting.
The key job responsibilities of the Project Manager are the following that includes but not limited to:
- Prepare and implement the development and adoption of the Project Charter with the key project team members
- Prepare the risk register, identify, evaluate and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Provide constructability input such as prioritization of project objectives, identification of key resources, facility site selection, duration of project and logistics for remote site
- Review all plans, specification and construction details
- Determine the various trades needed, prepare scope of work for trade contract packages, and tailor project specification front end to suit each package
- Prepare and implement tender stage activities and forms including preparation and administration of trade contracts
- Issue Purchase Orders, Contemplated Change Orders, Change Directives and Change Orders as required
- Review incoming invoicing, site purchase orders, daily reports, and site safety daily code to the project budget division, note exceptions and revisions
- Review analysis sheet, monthly report package including cost forecasting, changes to budget and schedule and recommendation made to the owner
- Coordinate with Site Superintendent to review work on site, monitor quality and safety, analyze and resolve field construction problems and discrepancies
- Act as client liaison and resolute any conflict and disputes
- Chair and minute regular site meetings and prepare monthly report peer review per project allocation
- Organize post construction activities including preparation of final monthly report package, operating & maintenance manual requirements and review, and organize lessons learned meeting with key project team members
- Other functions as required (whatever it takes!)
- Self-motivated, creative thinking, organized, and efficient
- Exemplary English skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical, mathematical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with a service-oriented attitude, courtesy, tact, and diplomacy under stressful situations with constant interruption.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in a similar construction position
- AScT degree a significant asset.
- Good working knowledge of current construction methods, materials, procedures, drawings, specifications and building codes.
- Budgeting and estimating skills including computer word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Proficient with computers, calculators, multifunctional processing units, multi line telephone systems and faxes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and skills in keyboarding.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employment and other designated information.
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities, and priorities.
Unitech offers a generous compensation package where wage/salary will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Unitech also offers the following:
- Extended health, dental and vision
- Disability and life insurance
- 100% tuition reimbursement
How to apply
Send us a copy of your most recent resume and our HR department will review your qualifications. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age.