We are searching for a Medical Office Assistant to join our team.
Please note we are hiring for the medical side only.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and excellent multitasking and organizational skills, while also being a friendly and approachable individual. The position requires judgment and problem-solving abilities in addition to the ability to make quick decisions, so we're interested in hiring someone with a background in clerical work or assisting professionals.
- Receive and direct phone calls, schedule appointments, validate health cards, check in patients, update patient records and reply to calls and e-mail communications promptly.
- Ensure all referrals and corresponding letters are reviewed and completed on time
- Manage medical supply and inventory
- Deal with vendors
- Manage employee and health care providers schedules
- Completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program
- Telus PSS experience is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2025-04-01