K'awat'si Construction Company is seeking a Construction Manager to join our team in Port Hardy, B.C. The Construction Manager will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating of construction projects from start to finish, according to schedule specifications and budget. The Construction Manager will report to the General Manager of K'awat'si Construction Company.
What We Offer:
- 1 month of accommodation for those relocating from outside of Northern Vancouver Island
- Enrollment in company benefits after 3 months of employment
- Wellness program includes a discounted gym membership and free in-person counselling services.
- Discounted meals.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Career growth and development opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates
- Planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitoring progress against established schedules
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Developing and implementing quality control programs
- Representing the company on matters such as a business services and union contracts negotiation
- Preparing progress reports and issuing progress schedules to clients
- Directing the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hiring and supervising the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- 4-6 years of increasingly responsible estimating and project management experience in a related industry.
- Thorough understanding of construction administration process, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Ability to travel regionally to support active projects
- Red Seal Certification preferred
- PMP certification an asset
- Valid Driver's License
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $111,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Are you willing to relocate to Port Hardy, B.C.?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Construction Management: 4 years (preferred)
- PMP Certification (preferred)
Work Location: On the road