Who We Are
Kapown Rehabilitation Centre has been a Centre of holistic treatment of addictions for more than 25 years. Each of our 300 clients a year are treated with the utmost respect and are provided a comprehensive evidence-based program in which to find new direction in their lives and healing from their addictions. We help individuals find the motivation, skills, resources and inner strength they need to maintain a clean and balanced lifestyle.
Kapown strives to hire the best and we value integrity, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. We want our team to share a common mindset based on being passionate about helping others to find their personal power, improving their coping and communication skills, and finding connections within the circle of life.
We are currently looking to hire a Support Worker for our Rehabilitation Facility in Grouard, Alberta. This opportunity will be a night shift position consisting of four, twelve-hour shifts, followed by four days off. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of rehabilitation care!
*While working on-site, Kapown will provide complementary accommodations and food.
Reporting to the Stabilization Coordinator, the Support Worker is responsible for ensuring the safety of clients at the Kapown Centre during the night shift. Assisting the Stabilization Coordinator and Nursing Staff within a multi-disciplinary environment, they will promote positive life skills and healthy habits for clients through promoting a positive social environment.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Establishing positive rapport and communicating effectively with all clients and staff.
- Ensuring client safety by working with staff to ensure clients are monitored appropriately and aware of any risks. Will also ensure clients follow house rules at all times (conducts bed checks on hourly intervals).
- Acting as an advocate for each of our clients to ensure their needs are met; being aware of and up to date on client issues, needed supports and their precautions.
- Dispensing medication under the supervision of directed staff or supervisors.
- Will ensure there are no unauthorized persons on the property between midnight and 6:00am.
- Maintain a detailed log of any and all incidents that may occur with staff and client care.
Who You Are
You have a passion for helping others. Some important skills include:
- Acts to influence other’s behaviours to affect positive change.
- Listens with intent and able to absorb information.
- Uses calm demeanor and maintains composure when faced with aggressiveness, ability to uncover the needs of the other party to diffuse escalating situations quickly.
- Does not show frustration when resisted or blocked; tries to understand people before making judgements and acting.
You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a group home or similar experience in mental health background.
- Associate Addiction Counsellor (AAC) designation is considered an asset.
- Working towards a diploma or certificate in community addictions or mental health is an asset.
- First Aid Certificate and CPR Level C.
- Successful completion of Crisis Intervention Training.
What We Offer
As a valued employee, you’ll receive the following:
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply Now link to submit your application!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Kapown Rehabilitation Centre is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusion and are committed to building a diverse team that will make a positive contribution to the communities where we live and work.
Job Type: Full-time
- The position is located in Grouard, Alberta. Accommodations are provided during your shift. Are you able to reliably commute to work?
- We require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Are you able to provide proof of vaccination?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person