AZ Float Driver
Awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed companies, The Forest Group is a vertically integrated diversified group of companies offering exterior construction material supply and services within the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on asphalt paving, concrete, landscape construction and other exterior construction, Forest has provided quality solutions for over 25 years.
We are currently looking for an AZ Float Driver to join our growing team!
Reporting directly to the Foreman, the AZ Float Driver will be responsible for operating a tractor or dump truck hauling a trailer holding heavy construction machinery.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Reporting and communicating effectively with dispatchers, foremen and supervisors.
· Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Ensuring float equipment is on time and at the correct location allowing for traffic, weather, etc.
· Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment as per Forest Contractors Ltd.’s maintenance practices and procedures as well as manufacturers specifications.
· Following all applicable Federal (i.e., Transport Canada), Provincial (i.e., MTO) and local/jurisdictional legislation including but not limited to logbooks, weight restrictions, cargo securement and Highway Traffic Act regulations.
· Other duties as requested by the Operations Staff.
Qualified candidates will possess:
· A valid AZ drivers license
· A current Driver’s background check (within the last 30 days).
· Minimum 3 years experience operating a tri axle and/or tractor is required.
· The ability to operate construction machinery.
· A safety conscious attitude.
· The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· The ability to drive safely in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
· In-depth knowledge of all CVOR requirements such as logbooks, hours of service, cargo securement, trip inspections, pre-trip inspections, etc.
Why join The Forest Group?
· We offer a competitive salary with the potential for a performance-based bonus.
· We provide a competitive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, and additional benefits (i.e massage, physiotherapy, etc.).
· We offer a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) with (3%) employer matching.
· Opportunity for significant career development due to continual growth.
· A strong company culture and work life balance.
The Forest Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Job Type: Full-time