Enjoy landscaping but want work-life balance?
We offer a four-day work week Tuesday to Friday or a traditional five-day work week.
Appleby Landscape has been exceeding the industry standard by designing, building, and maintaining timeless, beautiful landscapes for over 30 years. Our attention to detail and exceptional customer service has allowed us to amass an exclusive clientele of prestigious residential and estate properties.
What you can expect working with Appleby Landscape:
- Higher than industry average salaries and wages.
- Excellent bonuses.
- Company paid uniforms.
- Paid horticultural education and apprenticeships for career-minded individuals.
- A positive workplace culture including regular social events.
- All necessary personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The most advanced, industry-leading fleet and equipment that is consistently upgraded.
- A well-organized and safe team environment.
- Physically rewarding work while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Year-round opportunities are available.
Your work involves:
- Lawn maintenance, garden weeding, plant/shrub pruning, garden bed edging, hedge trimming, transplanting & planting, tree/shrub removal, installing mulch, overseeding, laying sod.
- All types of stone work (patios, walkways, driveways, retaining walls, etc.), garden installations, drainage, lighting, irrigation. Snow clearing is optional.
- Machine operation skills are considered an asset.
- Reports to Crew Leader.
- Tuesday to Friday positions are available as well as a traditional work week.
- Saturday work is optional (not mandatory).
- Approx. 10 hours per day.
- All team members meet at our shop/yard every morning.
- Full season: April to December
- Winter work is optional.
- Reliability is very important.
- A positive attitude with a willingness to learn and succeed.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Taking pride in your work.
- Able to work well with a team.
- Valid driver’s licence: minimum G2.
- Your own reliable transportation to and from our facility.
- Physically able to perform all aspects of landscaping including heavy lifting ( up to 22 kg/50 lbs).
- Certified safety footwear in good condition.
Ideally you have:
- More than one year of relevant landscape industry experience.
- A clean driver's abstract if you are required to drive company vehicles.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Based on experience and qualifications as well as demonstrated abilities.
- Wage starts at $19 per hour for an entry level candidate with limited experience and up to $24 per hour if well-qualified.
Be part of a growing team who cares about our environment, our customers, and each other...a team with an impressive health & safety record who has been transforming our community and raising the bar for over 30 years!
How to Apply: www.applebylandscape.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $19.00-$24.00 per hour
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a reliable vehicle to get to and from our location?
- How soon can you start?
- Do you require a permit to work in Canada? If so, do you have an open work permit and when does it expire?
- Are you comfortable with the physical requirements of landscaping work including safely lifting up to 22 kg/50 lbs?
- Are you planning to return to school? If so, when?
- Do you have a valid driver's licence? If so, what class is your licence?
Work Location: In person