Job Title: Project Manager
Our client is seeking a full-time Project Manager to work with our commercial construction department in the Vancouver Office. The Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading commercial construction projects, as well as their project team. The successful candidate will be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment as well as working independently to ensure processing and completion of relevant tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Manage all facets of project management for individual construction projects (mainly interior leasehold improvements) - including budgeting, planning, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrated capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting the construction projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, purchase orders, drawings, supplementary conditions.
- Project responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Leads project delivery resources/team, with both junior and experienced project staff, providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Facilitates both client and site project meetings
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Assess change requests to determine impact to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risks. Make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Financial knowledge required: ability to solve financial calculations as well as completing budgets, forecasting and cash flow analysis. Regular client invoicing and understanding a requirement,
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop skills and competencies
- Leading by example and modeling company values
- Strong communication, time management, prioritization and negotiation skills
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years related experience
- Post-secondary degree from college or university in technical area of study (engineering, architectural science, construction management etc.)
- Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project) skills are required
- PMP certification considered an asset
- LEED AP, or other relevant certification, considered an asset
- Previous experience with construction project management software knowledge an asset (i.e CMiC, Jonas, PlanGrid etc.)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6M2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person