Job Posting for Health Director
The Manager of Health Services is responsible for the overall health management, including development and enforcement of policies, standards, procedures, programming, development, review, personnel and fiscal management and public relations. He/she ensures that the mandate of health is carried out in accordance with the Agreements that are in place.
- Reports to the Band Administrator.
- To manage the Health Center, Plan, Lead, Organize and control the Health Center including its staff, operations and finances.
- To develop, implement, deliver and monitor Health Care Projects and Programs that serve the community.
- To provide an administrative management to the Health Department, Manage Finances including revenues, budgets, variance; control assets.
- To Lead and manage the Health Staff; including, hiring, training and development, performance management, (evaluations, discipline, recognition, promotions, terminations, etc.)
- To provide Leadership and outreach on Health and Wellness to the community at large.
- To work with Administration, Chief and Council, promote traditional and contemporary care in the community.
- To work cooperatively with partners in the community, provincial and national agencies and ensure improvements are made to the Health Care System.
Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Experience
As an ideal candidate you will have strong post-secondary credentials that may include a degree in Health or a related field such as Education, Finance or Management. You should also have at least 5 years of management expertise, ideally gained in band management or in a Tribal Council role. You will have knowledge of Health Canada and/or Indigenous Service Canada (ISC) policies and procedures and other relevant legislation. Understanding of First Nations history and culture is essential. You excel at managing finances, dealing with people and change, and have a proven track record of demonstrating your capabilities as a senior executive. You are a team player, a strategic thinker with excellent communication and human resources skills coupled with sound judgement. You have demonstrated ability and experience in upholding the organizational Values of Professionalism, Respect, Effective Communication, Trust and Support. You are recognized for your positive contributions and being a catalyst for positive change within the organizations you have worked within the past.
Please provide 3 professional references with your APPLICATION, DEADLINE: May 23rd, 2022.
Submit you resume to Glenn Johnstone by Fax: 306883-2008
We appreciate everyone’s interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $53,433.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
We are continuing to rapid test regularly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spiritwood, SK S0j2M0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-12
Expected start date: 2022-05-23