Do you know AGF Rebar ? AGF rebar is a division of the AGF Group, a canadian leader in the supply and installation of reinforcing steel since 1948. AGF group is a Canadian based company with activities in now 10 countries. We are specialized in rebar and have participated in many high end projects like windmills, bridges, hospitals, sports complexes, commercial and residential buildings and many other types of infrastructures.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Coordinator, based in Kitchener, will be responsible to help promote and champion a positive Health & Safety culture at our plant and our accross our construction sites in the Kitchener Region.
What's in it for you:
- Complete range of social benefits including RRSP;
- Annual wage increases and company bonus
- Dynamic and friendly work environment in a constantly growing industry;
- Corporate discounts (ski resorts, golf, car rentals, furniture stores, etc.);
- Physical activity reimbursement program;
- Kilometer reimbursement for sites visits
Role and responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage health and safety operations at assigned shop/plant location and various construction sites within assigned geographical area.
- Provide updates to the relevant leadership team (field/plant/shop) on health and safety issues and inspections/audits
- Organize and support completion of inspections, hazard assessments, toolbox talks, pre shift inspections and preventative maintenance logs.
- Collaborate with the operations teams to determine corrective actions for identified hazards.
- Ensure completion of annual Health and Safety Improvement Plan (HSIP)
- Ensure all requirements are met for COR certification
- Assist in reporting and investigation process for all incidents, accidents and near misses to determine corrective actions.
- Manage Incident claims and Early and Safe Return to Work Programs
- Participate in maintaining and updating the company Health & Safety management program.
- Organize, track, and facilitate required safety training for workers and safety orientation for new hires.
- Ensure employee training is up to date and training and skills matrix is maintained.
- Update, track and monitor company performance of H&S incident statistics and KPIs, identify trends and provide recommendations to operations.
- Manage, post & distribute minutes for monthly JHSC and regular safety meetings.
- Participate in the development of safe work practices.
- Conduct shop tours and audit H&S performance of assigned facilities on a monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing support to the AGF Rebar H&S Team and others users with training, troubleshooting and implementation of Sitedocs H&S Software.
- Participate in H&S and Field Operations meetings and complete action items as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's or college degree in health and safety or related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the construction/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and adhere to Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Understanding of current Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines as required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance and the ability to travel within assigned geographic area (as directed by management)
At AGF Rebar we see some more than just a resume, we see more than just the working experience, it’s the person that counts. It’s you who makes the role and our organization successful. Do you have a leadership mindset? Do you seize opportunities and do you have an amazing team spirit ? Then you are the one we are looking for! Apply now! #agfcareers
The AGF Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, visible minorities and women. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.