Subsidiary: Terus Construction Ltd.
Terus Construction Ltd. is an integrated road construction and materials manufacturing company, which has been building roads in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory for over 30 years through decentralized business centers.
Road construction, asphalt paving, aggregate production, hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete supply are the core activities. In addition, the Company acts as general contractor on civil construction projects, including excavation, utilities, concrete placement, sidewalks, and curbs, and in all kind of road construction related activities.
Over 800 jobs every year are performed through more than 20 decentralized business centers, such as highway rehabilitation, airport construction, industrial, municipal and commercial work, subdivisions. More than 550 employees are locally employed.
Terus Construction provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in an entrepreneurial, diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment. As our growth creates new career opportunities, likely there is the right one for you!
Pittman Asphalt, part of the Terus Construction Group., is seeking a Quality Control Supervisor based in Prince George, BC.
- Supervise junior, intermediate and senior staff in fixed and mobile laboratories to ensure compliance to ACP procedures with sampling, testing and reporting of test results for materials being constructed.
- Implement training, provide supervision, oversee Quality Control workforce and allocate internal and external equipment for QC Division.
- Full understanding of hot mix volumetric properties in relation to aggregate gradation and mix design criteria.
- Understand project survey requirements and project lay out.
- Understand process to write Quality Control Testing Reports and conduct lab correlation with Quality Assurance.
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion, on budget and to acceptable quality standards.
- Consult with contractor representative regarding construction operations for aggregate production, plant calibration, asphalt concrete pavement placement and compaction.
- Consult with contractor representative regarding subgrade, subbase and granular base course placement. Full understanding of testing procedures required for measuring field density.
- Full understanding of test procedures and specifications for aggregate properties, subbase field density, sub grade soil characteristics and field density, ready mix concrete, asphalt concrete pavement.
- Maintenance, reporting of incidents, reporting of non-working condition and proper operation of all equipment associated with ACP Testing & Engineering.
- Provide recommendations to aide in the resolution of any claims which may arise on projects.
- Participate in the CCIL Lab Certification program
- Report to Pittman Asphalt Project Manager
- Other duties as required.
6 - 8 years of directly related experience in construction materials testing.
Possess a valid class 5 driver license and current drivers abstract.
Experience in the road building industry.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.