Grow with us, and have a part in making Huron Tractor the “Right Choice” for our Customers!
Huron Tractor is one of John Deere’s largest partners in Canada, with eleven locations servicing Southern Ontarians.
We’re proud to serve a community of customers that spans agricultural operations, commercial enterprises and homeowners, with one of the largest inventories of machines and parts in Canada.
Technical Shop Foreman
Location: Exeter, Ontario
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
As a Technical Shop Foreman, you will work directly with the technicians in the Exeter Shop, supporting with technical questions, as well as coaching and mentoring new technicians and apprentices.
Why Huron Tractor?
Our commitment to great customer service starts with the great people on our team. We take pride in helping our employees develop careers that reward, enrich and grow with the individual.
- Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training
- Competitive compensation
- RRSP’s and extended benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Future Growth Opportunities
- Excellent team environments with a Social Committee that plans great events
- Coaches new technicians and apprentices with workorders assigned to them
- Supports new technicians and apprentices in the shop with technical questions, repairs and diagnosis’
- Estimates repairs being performed and update work orders and customers
- Reviews completed workorders prepared by the Service Writer for invoicing
- Advises on new job quoting with labour estimates
- Improves technician efficiencies by keeping technicians on tasks and coaching when needed
- Directs and assists in the diagnosis of machine problems of technicians and apprentices
- Contacts customers to update with any ongoing repair status and cost estimates
- Informs the Service Manager of in-house technician training needs
- Maintaining shop cleanliness and ensuring technicians are keeping work area tidy
- Other duties as assigned, including health and safety duties
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in equipment
- 3+ years of experience performing service repairs; demonstrated experience consistently meeting performance metrics preferred
- Experience being a leader within a department, and working in a team environment
- Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes
- Must be a team player with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and employees
- Must possess good written and strong verbal communication skills
- Experience with basic computer systems
- Able to work flexible and extended hours, Saturday rotation and carry an on-call phone when scheduled
Please forward your resume with cover letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit with the position. This position will be posted until filled. APPLY TODAY! We thank all for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but is a general definition of the position's scope.
Huron Tractor welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. Accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-235-1115
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person