BoltonSmith is a company in information technology (IT) in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON. We are supportive, innovative, and challenging.
Our work environment includes:
- Casual work attire
- Modern office setting
BoltonSmith Inc. is a tech company dedicated to developing powerful and dependable technical solutions that utilize both established and cutting-edge technology. Built from the ground up by dedicated entrepreneurs, we value every member of our hardworking team and invest in each one, pushing the envelope and offering daily opportunities to be challenged and to grow in a fast-paced environment.
Join BoltonSmith to gain invaluable hands-on experiences and to be part of a dynamic group always striving for excellence and committed to achieving nothing less. And Occasionally we do pizza lunches. Sometimes Sushi or Mexican, but mostly pizza because that's what our techs live off - dark rooms and lots of pepperoni. Additionally, bring your own nerf gun if you have one, if not, cardboard shields can be supplied.
This is a full-time work from home role and is for someone who has a genuine passion in all areas of technology. To be successful in this role you must be willing to learn about IT infrastructure, from the desktops to the servers that power them and most importantly be willing and able to troubleshoot new problems. Accuracy and the need to work under pressure to meet deadlines means that this is a demanding post, but one that brings with it the opportunity for growth within our ever expanding company.
The following represents some of the duties that the successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Assisting with ongoing moves, additions and changes to desktop computers
- Provide remote support via telephone and remote software tools
- Provide support to customers to resolve their technical issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop PC, Microsoft Servers, and Internet issues
- Setup desktop OS and applications
- Remain up-to-date on the latest technologies offered to our customers (training and lab time provided)
- After Hours On-Call support
- Escalate technical issues as required
- Other duties as assigned
Familiar with (or willing to learn):
- Microsoft Window's Server and Desktop OSs
- Basic Networking, DNS, Firewalls (think home routers and wifi)
- Strong customer service skills and experience - previous work experience should reflect the use of those skills
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in computer science or other relevant field, from a recognized post-secondary institution, is preferred. (Recent graduates welcome but must demonstrate skill level and be able to self-start)
- Strong communication, documentation and project implementation skills along with the ability to effectively function as a team player in addition to juggling multiple responsibilities with competing priorities
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.50-$22.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a valid driver's license in Ontario?
Work Location: Remote