Brockville and Area Community Living Association (BACLA) has a current need to hire Residential Support Workers. We currently have availability for full time temporary contracts, part time temporary contracts and casual work, based on the needs and interests of the potential employee.
Similar job titles include Support Worker, Developmental Support Worker (DSW), Developmental Services Worker and Personal Support Worker (PSW).
- Support individuals with intellectual disabilities with their daily living and activities.
- Effectively interact and problem solve with people we support, demonstrating empathy, genuineness and respect.
- Act from the basis of always considering the person’s best interests first.
- Review communication notes, medication sheets and all pertinent information at the beginning of shift.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate communication logs, shift outlines, reports, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of and follow any guidelines in place regarding behavioural needs and approaches.
- Ensure that people supported are appropriately dressed and groomed for the time of day, time of year and social circumstances.
- Complete all required chores/tasks as indicated on the Day/Night Shift outline, complete all documentation.
- Cook/prepare nutritious snacks and meals following planned menus.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all work related information.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma, Personal Support Worker or other similar educational backgrounds.
- Experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities would be considered an asset
- A Valid G Driver’s License is required
- Emergency First Aid (Level A) is required before working first shift
- Vulnerable Person Criminal Record Check (updated within the last 6 months) is required
- CPI Certification would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Computer skills
Hours of Work:
- Hours of work vary for the casual position; therefore applicants must be available to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends. The position requires flexibility and availability to accept shifts which are between 3 and 12 hours in length, supporting 24/7 operations.
- Hours of work for the part time and full time temporary contracts would be a set schedule which follows the same rotation every two week pay period.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $20.91-$23.99 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brockville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person