We are currently recruiting at all base locations: Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Fort St. John, Lac La Biche, Lloydminster, Swift Current, Estevan
- Seeking Experienced Oilfield Cementing Operators and Supervisors
- Relocation support for candidates with direct Oilfield Cementing experience
- Must be able to provide clean abstract, no restrictions on DL
Why Sanjel Energy
Sanjel Energy Services is a privately-owned energy service. We have the largest cementing & acidizing fleet combined with the most complete service footprint in Western Canada.
We strive for a workplace culture where you can shine. We embrace teamwork, integrity, service, and excellence. By promoting diversity and inclusion, our Company ensures we provide equal opportunities to all candidates and employees. Sanjel Energy is always on the lookout for candidates with creative mindsets who can help us strengthen the services we provide to our clients and optimize how we do what we do. The driving force behind our organization is the sincere commitment to our people and their focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
Our culture of “Pride by Performance” is shaped by our dedicated employees, through the quality service we provide our clients and involvement within the communities where we live and operate. We are committed to providing support and enhanced opportunity through donations, sponsorship, and volunteering.
Sanjel Energy's compensation and benefits offerings are competitive and comprehensive to ensure our employees, and their families are taken care of. We have implemented a Total Rewards package that includes variable pay plans, employer-paid comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, a health spending account, employer RSP matching, and career development opportunities. Additionally, employees are eligible to purchase shares in Sanjel Energy, providing employees with an opportunity to have ownership in their success.
The Operator / Supervisor – Cementing will report directly to the Manager - District Service Line. The primary function of this position is to be accountable for the welfare and operational excellence of the crew and equipment maintenance and repair. In this capacity, the employee is accountable for oneself, and for their team while keeping work areas clean and maintained, complying with all relevant company policy and regulations related to HSE (Health, Safety and Environment), promoting teamwork, seeking out opportunities and processes to improve performance and ensuring all paperwork is current.
- Communicate effectively with management, client and crew in the planning, coordination and execution of Sanjel service
- Meet with our Customers Representative to discuss specific job requirements
- Review treatment programs to ensure they include the proper functions, are error free and are within the capability of the crew and equipment
- Plan and coordinate rig in
- Evaluate execution requirements specific to the treatment
- Inspect all personnel, equipment, and rig in to ensure they meet Sanjel and customer requirements
- Ensure all equipment is inspected, properly configured and meets treatment requirements
- Complete and submit all required paperwork (i.e. expense account, bonus and fuel sheets, logbooks, pre/post trip inspections, loading tickets); and ensure all paperwork is kept up to date
- Manage product volumes on location
- Local candidates are preferred, individuals with housing available to them while on rotation would be strongly considered; Relocation support for those who qualify
- Applicable operational training and experience in Cementing Services or oilfield services is required, we are seeking Safety focused, experienced Oilfield Cementers
- Possess a Class 1 or 3 driver's license; Clean abstract with no restrictions
- Certificates in First Aid, H2S Alive, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Hours of Service, Fatigue Management, Oilfield Driver Awareness (ODA), Heavy Haulers are considered an asset
- Familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Minimum Two years of experience as a Pumping Operator
- Applicants with Agriculture, or Military / Canadian Armed Forces experience are strongly encouraged to apply
Canadian local candidates that are willing to relocate for a long term career are encouraged to apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Where are you currently located?
- direct, oilfield cementing supervisory: 3 years (preferred)
- oilfield off-road driving: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 1 drivers license (required)
Work Location: In person