Status: Full time – Continental – 5:00am to 5:00pm –(3 days week 1, 4 days week 2 then repeats.)
Reporting to the Transportation Supervisor, the Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching and coordianting driver delivery routes while focusing on safety, compliance and ontime service to customers.
- Coordinate and plan with department peers to effectively and efficiently dispatch the company’s resources
- Awareness of The Highway Traffic Act including hours of service
- Communicate shipments to 3pl service provider partners
- Coordinate daily ad-hoc delivery requirements.
- Track and trace shipments, trucks and trailers as required and communicate delays to various stake holders
- Coordinate additional driver support as required through partnered service providers
- Coordinate all necessary vehicle repair and maintenance requests
- Responsible for incident and accident report/documentation.
- Ensure all PODS are collected and accounted for
- Ensure all driver routing packets are prepared and assembled with the necessary documentation, bills, pick up appointments etc.
- Review and validate 3rd party carrier invoices and investigate discrepancies.
- Monitor and report on various departmental KPI’s.
- Document delays, and report on corrective actions for planning, systematic issues.
- Monitor and update shipment status on the company’s internal applications
- Place holder for shift / schedule information, will ask HR if we need to go into details in the responsibilities section or if it’s documented elsewhere in the posting
- Prioritize communication through phone, messaging systems, email and other internal applications
- Schedule customer pickup appointments
- Excellent Telephone/Communication/People skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize, set goals and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Exceptional computer literacy skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- 2-3 years prior dispatch experience in a fast paced supply chain environment
- 3 year college diploma in business/supply chain designations preferred.
- Working knowledge of E-logs tracking systems and procedures
- Strong understanding and or experience with TMS and supply chain type systems would be an asset
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack and Export markets, developed and produced out of manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit: http://www.gaylea.com
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you comfortable with a Continental shift – 5:00am to 5:00pm –(3 days week 1, 4 days week 2 then repeats.)
- dispatching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location