Posting #: 25670
Department: Electrodiagnostic - Cardiology
Employee Type: Regular, Part Time
If Temporary, Number of Weeks:
Openings Remaining: 1
Work Days: Monday to Sunday, Weekends, Holidays
Time of Day: Days, Evenings, Nights, On-Call
Shift: 7.5 hour
This position may be scheduled at any of the following sites: Charlton Campus (Hamilton Downtown), West 5th Campus (Hamilton Mountain)
Opening Date: 22/08/23
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Registered Cardiac Ultrasonographer performs cardiac sonography services to adult and neonatal populations. Must have recent experience in 2D and Doppler echocardiogram and must be able to assist the Cardiologist during endoscopic transesophageal echo exams. Assists with practical hands-on teaching of students and clinical learners, including written evaluation. The successful candidate is required to particiates in research studies and quality improvement initiatives related to echo exams.
- Graduate of a formal Echocardiography Program
- Current registration with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or the Canadian Association of Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
- 5 years of recent echocardiography experience required
- Recent 3D/4D echocardiography experience required
- Experience with digital echo archiving system an asset
- Computer skills (keyboarding), familiarization and knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet knowledge
- Perform all echocardiology exams independently
- Prepare Transesophegeal Echo tray
- Care and sterilization of TEE probe
- Prepare and complete preliminary results on each patient
- Proofread confirmed results
- Participate in research procedures, maintain file/records
- Assist in monthly rounds
- Compile monthly statistics
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
Rotating shifts including evenings and weekends.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people. We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.