Who you are
- You have an amazing attention for details (like expiry dates) and can effortlessly juggle multiple competing priorities (like making sandwiches and keeping your work station sparkling clean)
- You are open to learning, have a general can-do attitude and are energized by teamwork
- You’re not the type to ever be caught cutting corners because you’re so Health-and-Safety-conscious
- You have at least 6 months of customer service experience in a similar environment (preferred but not required)
- You are totally cool with working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, environment
Together as a team
- Preparing food according to daily forecasting needs
- Ensuring quality, freshness and great service is always top of mind and
- Making sure that are food products are always displayed in an attractive manner
- Focusing on daily and weekly sales targets and top-selling products
- Being an active IKEA Ambassador by always focusing on our customers
- Keeping informed about our sourcing practices, ingredients, specials and standards…our customers are curious about these things and will ask!
- Responsible for a clean, tidy, organized, visually inviting workspace
- Actively participate in all IKEA safety standards, policies, and food waste programs
- Always able to assist other co-workers with their tasks as required
Thanks to us, customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!
Just So You Know
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: IKEA Food Co-Worker
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.