1) Completed a PSW Program or HCA/CCA certification that meets the appropriate standards as required for the position
2) Experience in Long Term Care or community home care setting with exposure to dementia and palliative care is preferred
3) Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation
4) Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents/patients and families
5) Ability to provide care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English
6) Experience working independently in Community Home Care is an asset
When you choose to build your career with Extendicare, you’re joining a team dedicated to making a difference. By focusing our energy on enriching the lives of our residents every day, we transform both the quality of their lives and the quality of our own work experiences.
If you have a passion for caring, turn it into a rewarding career with Extendicare!
Extendicare and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes upon request.