Join our Shoreham team!
Shoreham Village is currently accepting applications for Part-Time and Casual Environmental Services Workers.
Reporting to: Director of Support Services
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in environmental services in a health care facility is considered an asset
- WHMIS Certification
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required
- Must attend in-service programs while on duty as required
- Able to lift/ move up to 30 lbs
- Ability to work well with others including co-workers, supervisors, and residents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of the following:
- Operation of floor machine
- Proper Body Mechanics
- Customer and Personal Service
- Shoreham policies and procedures
- Cleans common area and floors
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas (e.g. mopping, dusting, polishing, stripping, waxing, vacuuming, etc.)
- Collects and transports garbage and recycling
- Maintains cleanliness, orderliness, and general repair of equipment and work area
- Performs periodic floor, and carpet maintenance in accordance with established procedures and prescribed techniques
- Follows safe work practice for chemical use including proper labeling, storage and use
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevator, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met
- Provides assigned areas with appropriate housekeeping supplies (e.g. offices, washrooms, bathrooms, lounges, resident rooms, dining areas, activity areas, etc.)
- Cleans walls, windows, doors, shelving, stairways and entrances in assigned areas
- Ensures there are adequate supplies and ensure that equipment is in proper working order to carry out duties and responsibilities
- Follow guidelines for safety and sanitation procedures
- Cleans and checks all equipment, reporting all necessary repairs to the Director of Support Services
- Performs other related duties as required
Hours: Casual hours – Various Shifts
Salary: As per Shoreham pay scale
If this exciting opportunity interests you, please Click APPLY!
To learn more about Northwood, please visit our website www.northwood.care
Shoreham is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only selected applicants for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $16.41 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: In person