Confident Communicators is looking for an amazing Speech-Language Pathologist to join our team!
Full time position to cover a maternity leave with established caseload starting September 1st, 2023 (Potential to stay on full time after maternity leave)
If you are a highly motivated and enthusiastic Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and share in our guiding principles we would love to connect with you:
We always involve family members in the journey
We collaborate with other professionals and agencies
We grow, learn, change and have fun together
We develop a connection with each and every child because that is the most effective way that goals can be achieved
We help give each child the voice they deserve
We are committed to making a difference in a child’s life
Confident Communicators is a privately owned, Speech Pathology clinic offering high quality services to toddlers, preschool and school aged children in the Halton and surrounding areas (Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Waterdown). We offer a fun, motivating environment with a team who are dedicated to helping children reach their full potential to become confident communicators. Our team is enthusiastic, energetic and we work together to ensure the best service possible for our clients.
We feel strongly in developing a relationship with each and every client to help deliver consistent and positive therapeutic outcomes. Our treatment approach focuses on using current, evidence based treatment approaches to develop communication skills in a warm, comfortable and fun environment. We use a play based approach that maximizes engagement, participation and learning and supports generalization of skills.
Why join our team?
- Competitive compensation with quarterly bonuses for job performance
- Flexibility in your schedule (ability to continue to grow your caseload)
- Modern professional Class A medical building with free parking, your own private office, for in-clinic and virtual sessions.
- No home visits or travelling required
- Assessment materials and therapy materials provided for in-clinic use
- Access to on-line therapy materials for virtual therapy sessions
- Electronic charting and scheduling system (Jane) with imbedded templates that makes charting quick and efficient for documentation of client notes, correspondence etc.
- An amazing team always willing to share and collaborate
- Support and encouragement for continuing education
- New grads welcome to apply as mentorship will be available
- Provide speech and language assessment and intervention for children who present with a broad range of communication disorders
- Manage an assigned case load and contribute to the quality of care to clients through adherence to the professional standards of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists (CASLPO) and the standards of Confident Communicators
- Support client families by providing parent coaching and resources to parents that will support the development of communication skills at home
- Maintain regular contact with client families and collaborative professionals and keep them informed of treatment plans and work together for the best interest of the child
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO (Mentoring Available for Initial Practice)
- Enthusiastic personality and loves working with children and genuinely cares about the outcomes for their children on their caseload
- Excellent assessment and intervention skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
If you are an amazing SLP considering private practice, please reach out to talk about whether this could be a great fit for you. Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7L 5H9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Master's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-01