Great Canadian Dollar Store is looking to hire an Assistant Store Manager for our Morden, Manitoba location. This is a full-time position with group benefits, paid vacation, and a competitive salary. We are a privately owned, 100% Canadian company with over 120 retail stores nationwide. If you are responsible, reliable, are a good communicator and enjoy working within a team, we’d love to hear from you!
How You Will Make a Difference:
· Work with the Store Manager to manage day-to-day operations of the store.
· Help coach and mentor the team to provide excellent service to our customers.
· Receive, place, and price orders.
· Merchandise stock.
· With the Store Manager, review processes, determine priorities, and delegate workload, e.g. ensure To Do Lists are prepared for handover from morning to evening shifts.
· Perform the duties of the Store Manager when not available, e.g. vacation coverage.
· Complete bank deposits.
· Other duties as assigned.
Ideally You Have:
· Very good communication skills.
· Enjoying working with a team.
· Minimum high school education.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
· Able to work two evening shifts per week and three day shifts.
· A positive attitude with a passion for excellence in customer service.
· Organized, efficient, and always looking for ways to improve.
Sound like a great opportunity? If interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your current resume with cover letter to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,879.10 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Morden, MB R6M 2E1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person