Trischuk Dental is a family-owned business that was started approximately 45 years ago and has continued to stay within the family from 2016 to the present day.
We are looking for a considerate, hard working, motivated, positive, and upbeat individual, to fill the position.
A Registered Dental Assistant is required to help the dentist's complete all dental related tasks that can range from cleaning teeth to examining and repairing teeth.
The responsibilities may consist of the following:
- Greeting patients and checking them in for their appointment.
- Taking a patient's medical history and recording notes for the dentist.
- Ensuring patients are comfortable before beginning the dental procedure.
- Assisting the dentist with the x-ray process, for patients.
- Helping the dentist with dental procedures; examples: fillings, extractions, making molds of teeth, scanning the teeth digitally and prepping for crowns, bridges, partials, implants etc., as well as other dental treatment.
- Handing the dentist tools and equipment, as needed.
- Sterilizing dental instruments after an appointment.
- Observing patients and giving them follow-up instructions.
- Scheduling patient's future appointments.
- Helping peers change over rooms.
The skills required for a Registered Dental Assistant is the following:
- Effective and appropriate verbal and non- verbal communication with others.
- Exudes organization capabilities.
- Proficient with handling dental equipment.
- Computer efficient.
- Proactive customer service.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Capable to be creative.
- Dedicated team member.
- Ability to focus and stay committed to the task provided.
Education and Experience:
- Registered with Saskatchewan Dental Assistant Association. (S.D.A.A).
- Certified with The National Dental Examining Board of Canada (N.D.E.B).
- Previous dental assisting experience is an asset.
*Wage is to be determined based competitively on experience and will be discussed further, upon interview.
If you are someone that has the passion, enthusiasm, and overall a good attitude to learn, this is the job for you!
*Please note: while we appreciate all the energetic applicants interested in joining our team, we will only contact those chosen for an interview.
*All candidates can email their resume to [email protected], and will be confidential.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.23-$30.91 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yorkton, SK S3N 0P3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Certified Dental Assistant (required)
Work Location: In person