Agricultural Technician Wanted
Our farm, located in Ontario, Canada, is looking for an experienced Agricultural Technician to support our operation.
· Operate different types of machinery and equipment including; various sizes of tractors with loaders and/or implements, various trucks, ATVs, and skid steer
· Operate various tools including power and manual tools to complete maintenance on equipment, machinery, vehicles, buildings, etc.
· Fixing and maintaining fences
· Performing duties to assist in all areas of the cattle operation including, but not limited to; processing, handling, deliveries, feeding, issue identification, medication administration, calving, and checking pastures etc.
· Maintain communications with management and other workers for reporting and day to day operational functions
· Must adhere to all health and safety policies and practices
· Opportunities for growth and training development
· Other duties as required
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Driver’s license
· Experience in maintenance of equipment, machinery, vehicles, buildings, etc.
· Excellent physical stamina
· Ability to lift up to 50+ pounds
· Ability to communicate in English
· Ability to work outdoors in all seasons, including in snowy conditions
· Willingness to learn and undertake new tasks
· Good work ethic
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Availability to work weekend shifts and some holidays
· High school diploma or GED
· Cattle experience
· Experience operating 80+ HP tractors
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50-$20.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Walkerton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-11
Expected start date: 2023-09-01