The Project Manager is responsible for fostering new and existing relationships to promote KCC by providing superior customer service. They are responsible for providing detailed direction to staff and subtrades, generating estimates, and following up on new job leads. The Project Manager plays a key role in marketing and client retention through relationships with insurance companies, adjusters, and strata property management companies to ensure that KCC Restoration is always the first call for emergency restoration needs.
What does a Project Manager at KCC Restoration do?
- Answer and address incoming phone calls and emails in a timely and polite manner.
- Assist customers, clients, and staff with any queries and provide accurate information.
- Perform site inspections and track progress and quality though the life of the project. Provide written and verbal updates all stakeholders.
- Complete scopes, estimates, sketches, and schedules for all projects.
- Assist with scheduling of Emergency and Restoration staff, providing all pertinent job information.
- Ensure jobs are started and completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Promote & build the KCC brand. Identify, investigate, and pursue new opportunities in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and act as a prime liaison with property owners, adjusters, brokers, property managers, etc.
- Manage projects to achieve established project budgets and target profit margins.
- Produce fair and accurate estimates of work to be completed including pricing, budgets, profit margins, specifications, reports, and invoicing.
- Work with a Project Coordinator to ensure all administrative aspects of the job are being completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review financial data in files upon job completion to ensure all costs are accounted for.
What you bring:
- 2 years of relevant experience in the Restoration or Insurance industry is required.
- Ability to write and comprehend Scope of Work and Estimates. Experience with Xactimate is not necessary but is considered an asset.
- An existing book of business is key in this role.
- Valid BC driver’s license with a satisfactory driver abstract.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Experience in carpentry, abatement or water damage is required.
- IICRC WRT certification will be a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written) Additional languages are considered an asset.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Detailed understanding of project management techniques and requirements as they relate to the construction and property insurance claims industries.
- This position can require long hours on the computer scoping and estimating projects, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Interaction with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- The nature of this position may require both flexible and additional work hours to meet project/customer requirements.
- This position requires emergency on-call shift rotation.
- Company provided vehicle and gas card.
- Dental care.
- Extended health care.
- Life insurance.
- Vision care.
- On-site parking.
- Typical office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis. Industry is 24/7 and some after hours work is expected.
Why join KCC?
KCC Restoration is a locally owned and operated restoration company. We are a company of team-oriented people with a focus on building and encouraging an engaging work environment. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent customer experience, prioritizing safety, and delivering a very high level of quality work to our customers.
We have a great benefit program with extended health and dental, vacation, and paid sick/personal days. We invest in your future by offering access to training, career advancement, and opportunities to get you to the next step in your career!
We take good care of our customers and our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$250,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Restoration: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person