Position: Personal Support Worker
Reports to: Care Quality & Coordination Managers, Care Planners
Job Location: Client homes in the Guelph & surrounding areas
Hours: Casual leading to Part-time, mornings 7 am -3 pm, weekend availability
Right at Home Canada-Waterloo provides personalised in-home services such as
Companionship, Homemaking, Personal Care, Nursing & Specialty Care.
Client-centered care is one of our primary objectives!
We are seeking Personal Support Workers who will exemplify our mission of
Improving the quality of life for those we serve through our values which are:
Accountable Approachable Authentic Collaborative Integrity Respectful
Working with Right at Home offers:
- Competitive wages
- An attractive benefits package
- Weekly pay & travel pay
- Input into scheduling
- Caregiver-Client matching
- One to one personalized client paced care
- Employee wellness & incentive programs
- Stimulating activities and events
- Continuing education & certifications
- Yearly bonus and regular wage increase
In addition, we offer a chance to excel within a strong and supportive team environment, who value and respect you as an integral member of the Client Care Team!!
Duties include ADL (assisted daily living activities) such as :
- Mobilization activities (turning, transferring, exercising and walking)
- Toileting and personal care (bathing, dressing)
- Light housekeeping duties
- Feeding and meal preparations
- Specialty care (i.e. Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Chronic Conditions)
- Companionship, outings
- PSW training certificate, or significant experience providing personal cares/ADL
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screen Check (VSSC)
- 2 step TB test
- Current certificate in standard first-aid and CPR (HCP or BLS level)
- 2 professional references
- Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving
- Must be passionate, patient, caring and committed
- Ability to travel to clients homes, access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be available for a variety of visit times, such as mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and some holidays.
Our ideal candidates have a friendly, warm personality, patience, a consistently positive attitude, and communicate well to clients of all types, both one-on-one and in groups. In addition, our team members have a strong desire to work with an employer who views them as family and are committed to working with their team members as family. All of our caregivers have a professional outlook on caregiving as a career choice.
Please apply today!!
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Right at Home has extensive precautions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable disease.
- What city do you live in?
- Do you have a reliable vehicle to drive for work?
- any other languages besides English and if yes, what (preferred)
- 2 step TB test (preferred)
- VSSC police check (preferred)
- PSW certificate or significant experience (preferred)
- First Aid/CPR at the BLS level (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
Work Location: On the road